When we developed SLDR, our easiest-to-adjust driver ever, we didn't expect it to change the rules of distance. Yet it did. Maximum yardage comes from combining high launch, low spin and fast ball speed. SLDR’s low-and-forward CG promotes fast ball speed and low spin. To add high launch, you are now able to increase your loft.
Low Forward CG + More Loft = More Distance
SLDR’s CG location is both low and forward, due in large part to the large, 20-gram sliding weight on the sole. That promotes a dramatic leap in distance. Moving the CG forward in a driver is a monumental shift in metalwood thinking. For years it’s been accepted that low and back was the ideal CG location for a driver. We’ve found this is not the best way to generate the most distance. Long distance comes from combining of fast ball speed, high launch-angle and low spin-rate. We’ve discovered that moving the CG forward promotes more ball speed and less spin. To launch the ball on a high enough angle to maximize distance, we’ve discovered that most golfers benefit from increasing their loft, some by as much two or three degrees.
In addition to the low-forward CG benefits, the SLDR weight also represents a complete reinvention of movable weight, making it more effective and easier to use. Movable weight shifts the clubhead’s CG horizontally toward either the heel, to promote a draw, or toward the toe, to promote a fade. SLDR’s sliding weight allows you to shift the CG far enough to promote a side-to-side trajectory change of up to 30 yards. The SLDR weight slides on the track and never comes loose from the clubhead. To slide the weight to any of the 21 positions on the track, simply loosen the screw, slide the weight, then tighten the screw. It takes as little as ten seconds. And the sole is marked with the words “fade” at the toe-end of the track and “draw” at the heel-end of the track to make it clear where you should position the weight to promote the shot-shape you want
Adjustable Loft Sleeve Technology
SLDR also incorporates our Loft-sleeve Technology, which allows you to adjust the loft. You can choose from 12 positions within a range of plus-or-minus 1.5 degrees of loft change. SLDR is available in three lofts – 9.5°, 10.5° and HL.
SLDR’s confluence of shape, color and visual accents make it one of the most visually compelling clubs we’ve ever created. Its striking modern-classic shape, charcoal-gray crown and chrome “button-back” all adds up to a remarkably beautiful appearance at address. And the clean design of SLDR’s movable weight mechanism, including the single, blue weight and the track it slides in makes its appearance equally striking.
- Longest TaylorMade driver ever
- Low-and-forward CG promotes high launch, fast speed and low spin for huge distance
- Easy and intuitive SLDR movable weight promotes up to 30 yards of shot shape adjustment
- Increase or reduce the loft 1.5° with 12-position loft-sleeve
- Silver button-back works with subtle crown markings for easy clubface alignment
- Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.3 shaft blends light weight with great feel and playability
- Stunning modern-classic shape with charcoal-gray crown
Stunning modern-classic shape with charcoal-gray crown. Low-forward CG promotes high launch, fast ball speed and low spin for phenomenal distance. Easy and intuitive SLDR sliding weight promotes up to 30 yards of shot shape adjustment. 21 SLDR weight positions to dial in the desired shot shape. Increase or reduce the loft up to 1.5 Degree with 12-position loft-sleeve for optimal trajectory. Silver button-back works with subtle crown markings for easy clubface alignment. Fujikura Speeder 57 shaft blends light weight with great feel and playability.
- Stunning modern-classic shape with charcoal gray crown; Low-forward CG promotes high launch, fast ball speed and low spin for phenomenal distance^Easy and intuitive SLDR sliding weight promotes up to 30 yards of shot shape adjustment utilizing 21 SLDR weight positions to dial in the shot shape^Increase or reduce the loft up to 1;5Degree with 12-position loft-sleeve; Fujikura Speeder 57 shaft blends light weight with great feel & playability